• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin Aera 510 GPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPhillips

Reaction score
Used Garmin Aera 510 – $500.00

Like new condition.

I recently purchased this Garmin Aera 510 unit as an upgrade to my Garmin 396.

The operating system and maps were updated and a few additional accessories purchased – extra charging cradle, RAM mount adapter and RAM mounting arm, extra 12 volt power cord, bare wire power connector for direct connect to aircraft and more (see attached photos).

I’ve made several flights with this unit and it has performed perfectly. It starts and loads much faster than the 396 and it’s reception without using an external antenna is superb. The screen is a bit larger than the 396’s and definitely more crisp.

The problem is that I do not like it.

My hands are quite large and I make several entry errors when attempting to use the touch screen keyboard while flying in turbulent conditions. I prefer using the toggle on my old 396.

Fortunately I have not yet sold my 396, so I am putting the Aera 510 up for sale.

As you can see in the photos I have everything the unit comes with as new plus some nice additions.

I am firm on the $500 price which includes shipping. If you price these, especially with the extras, you’ll see it is a very good deal.

What you see in the photos is what you will receive.

US sales only and I can take PayPal, money order or check.

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

Latest posts

Back