• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 696 placement in a Warrior (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
I've had a Garmin 696 on the pilot-side yoke in my Warrior II for a number of years now, together with XM Satellite data and a Zaon XRX PCAS, both displaying through the 696 (the Zaon unit is pretty-much useless, and I plan to get rid of it soon).

I've been thinking about getting it off the yoke, so I bought a RAM suction-cup mount, but I can't find anywhere to hang it from the windows where it's not in the way. I'm also not sure where I could put it on my panel. I'd love to see pix of where you've put the 696 in your own planes.

Here are my constraints:

• I'm in Canada, so no ADS-B traffic and weather
  • I don't have an IFR-certified GPS, so my DME and ADF are still important parts of my flying and use up panel space (we have many NDB approaches, VOR/DME approaches, DME arcs, and low-level NDB airways still in Canada)
  • I have an STEC 20 replacing my TC.

Latest posts

Back