• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 530W/430W data cards for sale

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have terrain and IFRW data cards for sale, 1 each. Asking $100 each or $175 for both. Had them as spares, so I know they work.
IMG_6559.JPG

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spares as they were not used or rotated with another card?

av8ator1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly question but if I have a WAAS but not taws unit, will plugging the taws card enable taws?

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take them.
I think you said your where at 3CK? I'm up at 3CK often. I can do paypal or just give you cash when I'm up there next. LMK

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly question but if I have a WAAS but not taws unit, will plugging the taws card enable taws?
No, The head unit needs to be capable from Garmin. I'm not sure if that is an upgrade or the head has to start that way? I know they can do a $3k WAAS update, not sure about the terrain function though.

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The little research I did says true TAWS was only available on the 500 series, not the 400.

Were these cards used in a 430W? The data cards may be the same, the units use the data differently. TAWS give verbal warnings of “pull up”.

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take them.
I think you said your where at 3CK? I'm up at 3CK often. I can do paypal or just give you cash when I'm up there next. LMK
OK they are yours, cash is fine. I am at 3CK. I plan to be there tomorrow afternoon but not yet sure on the time. Suggest scheduling by email or text?

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spares as they were not used or rotated with another card?
I tried rotating a few months but I ultimately just kept them as spares due to needing to update an aera as well.