• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 530 Error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday when returning back to my home airport my 530 non-WAAS started displaying an error message stating "VLOC Not Responding". I was not using the VLOC but the GPS seems to be functioning normally. After reading some threads it seems that the Nav board might have failed. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you have to do to fix it? I am considering sending it in for the WAAS upgrade so I assume Garmin would fix this problem while doing the WAAS upgrade.

Latest posts

Back