• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 345 decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just sent in the contract to my radio shop, for a Garmin 345. The unit is ADS-B in and out with blue tooth TIS and FIS to the I-pad and an update to the 430W and GPPS steering. The unit will replace my Garmin 320 transponder.

I went with Garmin because most of my equipment is Garmin. It cost more but the 345 has really good reviews and my friend put one in last year with the same equipment and loves it! I also did not have to buy a separate “in” box. for ADS-B in.

I had a 2 month wait but that is good so I can save up a few more bucks. Quoted price was $7200.

The encoder and GPS antennae and cable are going to be reused as they are in good shape.

.........1968 PA-140/with 180 HP
59696C4F-A222-4252-8627-FC3DF672E90F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back