• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 300XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr.andre

Reaction score
I have a (fully IFR) 180D with a Garmin 300XL and am trying to understand the difference in flying with the panel set for NAV or set for GPS. (have owned this great little aircraft for a couple of months and trying to get the most usefullness from the instrument cluster that I have - standby for further questions)

Is there a "simulator" anywhere with which I can play around to broaden my understanding.

At the moment I fly (when using the auto-pilot) with the panel set for GPS and the Mode Selector (Nav-GPS-HDG-LOC NORM-LOC REV) set to GPS. It seems to work and centres on the 300XL information. Is this the correct way of using it (I am located in a small country town and there are no local "experts" with which I can discuss this issue).

Thanks

Latest posts

Back