• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GA things to see and do from LA to SFO by car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Flying commercial [emoji25] to LA for a friends wedding with wife and 5 teenagers in tow. We’ll be in LA for a few days and then head north to SFO for a bit. After that east to Yosemite to see some redwoods. Then fly home to Ohio from Oakland.

What are some GA related airports or things to do along the way? I know Van Nuys would probably be cool to see but is there stuff to do or see besides watching traffic take off and land? Not sure how long that will hold others attention.

Looking for other cool airports to see along the way. I may be a little limited however as not everyone is as interested in aviation as me. Options that would be interesting for all would be great. Even restaurants on the field would be dual purpose stops if the food is good.

Hopefully the wife and I can fly back and do this in the Saratoga as time and proficiency allows. Still working on my IFR currently.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Latest posts

Back