• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GA News, and granddads logbook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerooster

Reaction score
A friend of mine was a writer for GA News. She did a column called "Short Final". Well, some 8 or 10 years ago she interviewed me for a story. I've no clue why, but am glad she did now.
She sent me a message, stating that she got an email from someone in Floydada TX telling her of a logbook that had been found, and based upon the name and address within, a google search produced the GA News article mentioned above. I only know of one person by that name who would have a logbook dated 1929. That would be my Granddad. I contacted the person in Floydada who gave me the contact info for the person who had found the logbook. That person is in Vernon TX. My dad had moved to Vernon about 6 years ago. I live in Georgia, and so does Deb the writer. So, this evening, I got on the radio with my Dad, and told him of this, and was expecting him to tell me that he had the logbook, and it's all a prank. Well, come to find out, he'd lost the logbook in the move from CO, to Vernon 6 or so years ago. I gave him the contact info, and expect he'll be getting the logbook back inna day or two.
So there ya go. Had I followed my gut instinct, and not done the interview, the story would not have been written, and Granddads logbook would have been gone for good.

Latest posts

Back