• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fullerton airport (KFUL) - Gateway to the House of Mouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I recently read a thread here about picking an airport when one is flying into Disneyland. It must have happened somewhere, because I recall seeing a few recommendations for flying into Fullerton.

This airport, while not fancy, is indeed one of those little gems by which to access popular attractions. It sits right between two wedges of the Los Angeles Class B (and under an outer shelf) so the ATC situation is not onerous. The airport is very accessible by air and ground, fuel is reasonable ($4.74/gallon self serve), there are no landing fees, and as long as you can make a 3100’ runway, it’s not difficult to get in and out.

Based on our experience there, I’d recommend a General Aviation (FBO) for fuel and transient parking. The staff is friendly and low-key, the daily fee is reasonable ($10/night, first night waived with fuel purchase), and the facilities are nice but not Signature-chic.

Uber to and from the Anaheim convention center area was $15-20 with tip, and drive time was reasonable. There’s a cafe on-field (we didn’t get a chance to try it), and I’m sure rentals cars are available if needed.

KFUL is one of those little GA airports that’s somehow managed to survive in SoCal, without going upscale and expensive. It’s the closest GA airport to a lot of the Anaheim-area attractions, and will be a return destination for us.

Latest posts

Back