• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Full motion simulators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillB

Reaction score
Where can I rent a full motion simulator? What would be the closest to Chicago?

I recently returned from a trip to L.A. and flew the B737 simulator and LOVED IT!! The drawbacks where that the graphics were a bit dated and it was not full motion. The guy in the cockpit with me mentioned there are several companies that offer their full motion simulators for rent. My google search comes up with some companies but it is not easy to tell what is "professional track" only vs. a pilot just wanting to have fun at a cheaper price, type of location. He told me that if you are doing it professionally or otherwise need it logged, it is quite expensive ($800+ per hour) for something like the B737 but they often have a much cheaper price if you are not logging the time.

BTW, I'm looking for jet-type simulator, not a cessna 172/182/etc. Its my dream to own and fly a jet, which will never happen so this is as close as it'll come and I'm okay with that. My Arrow cockpit just isn't the same now after being in the 737 :lol:

Let me know if you have any experience in these Boeing/Hawker/Citation simulators and the closest to Chicago.

Latest posts

Back