• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel taxes and price at the pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillB

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea on how an FBO buys fuel? I'm questioning because a recent article by AOPA says FAA loses authority to collect fuel taxes. Does that mean then if I go to an FBO that I fueled up with 2 weeks ago should be $.15/gal cheaper today? (assuming no new shipments meaning the cost basis is the same)

I guess the answer would lie in whether an FBO pays the tax upfront with their shipment or if the taxes are collected from the FBO after the sale occurs. I'd like to know which is the case so that when I fuel up I've got reason to tell the FBO their prices should be lower if they haven't gotten a fresh shipment. Otherwise you know their keeping the excess as profit hoping for pilots who don't know the difference ;-)

Here is the link I just read: http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2 ... l-tax.html

Latest posts

Back