• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel Sender Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Fuel Sender in my right tank is needing replaced, and looking at the MacFarlane MC68101-02, and would like to know if it is compatible with a Garmin GEA 24.

Because I'm thinking of upgrading to a G3X or GI275 later, and don't want to replace the fuel senders twice.

Piper Manual says: the resistance is 240 ohms empty and 33.5 ohms full
Garmin Manual says : the maximum resistance of the tank must be no more than 620Ω, and the resistive range from full to empty must be at least 25Ω.

It looks like it should work, but wanted to ask someone who has done the installation, before I place an order for a new fuel sender.

Latest posts

Back