• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel Selector Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My old fuel selector cover was aged and about as resilient as a bag of rice crackers and has crumbled into pieces. Aircraft is 1964 Cherokee 235, SN 10160.

It was the same as this one that another forum member has posted.
4647acd0-a805-43c2-9844-bbda02ce9449-jpeg.19453

Digging into the parts catalog I only see replacement parts for later model/SN Cherokee 235s. My records indicate that AD 77-12-01 was complied with, which indicates compliance with Piper SB 376 for my serial number. That SB requires a parts kit which does not seem readily available. That service bulletin was for my series of PA-28-235s, and for the PA-32. Perhaps they shared a flaw that was fixed by a later part number? So, that leaves me thinking, and I am not sure if this is the original (faulty) part that I have broken in pieces, or if there is a new improved one that should have been replaced like those that are for sale online for 4tank Pipers.

Other interior plastics vendors have a fuel selector cover that looks like 50% of what I have in pieces. Does anyone have experience repairing or replacing the 4 tank fuel selector cover on a PA-28 235, especially prior to the 235B? Is there a part number out there that can replace my broken cover?

Latest posts

Back