• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel select valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is in regards to a 1973 PA-28-140. I was attempting to remove the red fuel selector valve handle & it was being a little stubborn, so I pulled a little harder & felt something cold on my fingers. I pulled my hand away & my fingers were wet with fuel. I noticed that the valve stem had a threaded brass nut at its base, so I snugged that up. It’s not dripping, but still has a slight wetness around the brass nut when you turn the selector from one tank to the other. I’m wondering if there is some sort of valve stem packing behind that nut that might need replacing or a compression nut. Any ideas?
Merrill

Latest posts

Back