• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel drip from engine compartment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out in my Turbo Lance II yesterday and on short final, mixture full rich, electric fuel pump on I got a wiff of fuel. No smell of fuel prior to that time. Shut down and discovered fuel dripping from a hose that protrudes through the right side bottom engine cowling. This hose is connected to a brass fitting that is threaded into the induction tube that is downstream from the turbo. I think the fitting is a check valve that closes under turbo boost pressure. I cannot find this part in any of my manuals so don’t know what it actually is.

What would cause fuel to run upstream from the injector servo to here? Seems like it could only happen when the engine is loafing otherwise the fuel would be getting blown into the engine. There is provision for draining, with the fitting & hose, so it’s something that has been anticipated.

Any advice on what’s going on here is much appreciated! Thanks!

David

Latest posts

Back