• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FS: WxWorx Barron Mobile Link, WiFi Xm Weather receiver... foreflight

Coopere

Reaction score
Selling a Barron WxWorx Barron Mobile Link Wifi XM weather receiver for a good friend, he recently sold his aircraft, and was going to move up however decided to put the plan on hold...

He purchased the unit new from aircraft spruce last summer, works well with foreflight may work with other efb apps

Has all boxes, manuals ect and is in very good condition

$400 obo (Canadian Dollars)

---
I use the exact same unit in my aztec and it works great

aircraft spruce -> https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/avpages/wxworx11-10885.php?clickkey=198106

Last edited:

Canuck

David Megginson (he/him)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to warn your friend that at that price it will be hard to compete with the new generation of XM devices like the Garmin GDL 51 ($649) or XM's own SXARI1 for Foreflight ($599, or $399 after mail-in rebate). These are small devices with batteries that last forever, and they work with the new gen of XM weather. The bigger, clunkier Barron receiver works with only with the old-gen XM packages, I think.

Coopere

Reaction score
Sxari1 doesn’t work in Canada unfortunatly at this time not sure about the gdl51

I’ve placed numerous calls about the above to seriousxm and they don’t support it

Canuck

David Megginson (he/him)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sxari1 doesn’t work in Canada unfortunatly at this time not sure about the gdl51

I’ve placed numerous calls about the above to seriousxm and they don’t support it
Keep trying. :) DM me (or other Canadian pilots, if they choose to volunteer) for details.

Coopere

Reaction score
also should have mentioned price is in Canadian Dollars, this will make a big difference

Latest posts