• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FS: SwitcheOn Remote Power Electrical Switch - $199 to $299

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As winter approaches requiring you to drive out to the airport to plug in your Piper's Tanis or Reiff preheater to get your engines nice and warm I have a brand new solution to help save you time and money. This device was inspired, designed, and manufactured by a fellow pilot to make all of our lives easier! The SwitcheOn is a 2 or 4 channel remote power solution that you can turn on electrical outlets through a smartphone enabled app from the comfort of your home. I use SwitcheOn to turn on my Reiff heater and hangar lights with the tap of the app, it is that easy. The device includes the first year of service for free and runs off the Verizon network. Yearly service charges of $50 thereafter. SwitcheOn features many great options such as:

- 2 or 4 channels and up to 15 amps (1800 watts)
- Temperature sensor
- Bright OLED display
- Local and ZULU time
- Signal status
- Power/port status
- Temperature
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- 2 channel $199
- 4 channel: $299
- 1st-year service included renews for $50/year
- Automations for each channel
- Controlled by the box, these function without connectivity
- On temperature
- Off temperature
- On and off by time
- Uses LTE-M and NB-IoT bands deployed as part of 5G rollouts
- Operates much further from cellular towers than normal 3G or 4G
- Warranted as long as service is maintained
- Available custom options:
- World-wide service in 130 Countries
- 8 configurable analog / sensor inputs
- Up to 4 thermocouple inputs
- Additional custom sensor options

It is easy to use. Take it out of the box, hook up the antenna, download the app, and activate the SwitcheOn. Super easy!

SwitcheOn can be bought from my website at SwitcheOn

Attachments

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that is slick. If I needed that capability I would snap that up in a nano second.

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several SwitcheOns shipping tomorrow as they are proving to be very popular!

Consider this. I live 15 miles round trip from my airport. The 2020 General Services Administration (GSA) publishes a mileage rate that includes gas, and wear and tear on a generic vehicle of $0.57 per mile. So it costs me $8.55 per round trip just on my vehicle round trip. Now, what is your time worth? $20? $30? $40? $50 an hour? It's a 30 minute round trip just driving. Say you have to drive that to go plug your airplane in the night before. That costs you $40 an hour plus $8.55 for your vehicle. After 7 round trips during the cold winter months you just had yourself a 2 channel SwitcheOn or after 11 trips a 4 channel SwitcheOn.

SwitcheOn saves you time and money!

SwitcheOn <-- Buy here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call us here
[email protected] <-- Email us here

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several SwitcheOns shipping tomorrow. If you ordered one, you should have received tracking information from Stamps.com. If not, email me at [email protected] and I will get you your number.

SwitcheOn <-- Buy SwitcheOn here
[email protected] <-- Email me here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SwitcheOn is becoming one of the must-have products of 2020! It is simple to use, and saves you time, money, and energy to preheat aircraft engines. I have several shipping tomorrow so get yours too!

SwitcheOn <-- Buy SwitcheOn here
[email protected] <-- Email me here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here

Bill GJPD

Reaction score
You should add a relay for the 4 plug unit so that it can control 2 15amp circuits

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should add a relay for the 4 plug unit so that it can control 2 15amp circuits
Hi Bill, we are working on a 20 amp version of the box but your outlet can typically only handle 15 amps or sometimes 20 amps. Most are 15 amps so if you exceed that, the outlet will pop a breaker.

os1r1s

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a humidity sensor one of the options or do you have a list of how we can build our own sensors?

Bill GJPD

Reaction score
Hi Bill, we are working on a 20 amp version of the box but your outlet can typically only handle 15 amps or sometimes 20 amps. Most are 15 amps so if you exceed that, the outlet will pop a breaker.
I asked since some people mention using your unit and plugging the "out" outlets into a relay they built to switch on 15A circuit 1 or 15A circuit 2. I think if you have a 4 plug unit with 2 input plugs (each 'powering' 2 plugs) plugged into 2 different circuits it would be awesome. The brains of your unit can be on one circuit and the 2nd would just pass through once switched on.