• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FS: PA28 new style control wheel

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: ITEM IS SOLD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Removed as the control wheels are being replaced. Does NOT include the yoke stem. Care was taken not to damage the wheel while pulling the locking pin. You need to clarify with your mechanic if this product would be appropriate for your installation.

PTT or other switches are NOT included.

Only one unit is available. I am keeping the other one as a momento.

Pilot view. Center Piper emblem is removed during removal, it is just caulked back in.

Closer view of the stem attach area, top view.

PTT and upper arm view.

Rear view.

Bottom view of stem attach area.

This yoke takes a 1-1/8" yoke stem, common to later Cherokees.

US$120 + US$30 insured/trackable shipping (CONUS & Canada). Payment by PayPal.

First firm offer of acceptance for product and shipping (total) price, wins.

* Orest

Last edited:

kfbagt

Reaction score
Are you sure you can't be talked out of both of them?

N677ap

Reaction score
I have a 1977 PA28-181. What did this come out of? Do you have a part number? If this fits, I'm interested.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you can't be talked out of both of them?
Well, I do have some sentimentality in this. But, make me an offer by private message, and see if you can make up for that. ;)

The other yoke does not have a metal or plastic PTT coverplate (it was sold), and has some scuffing of the powder coating on the forward aspect of the base, that is the part that faces the panel, so it would not be visible when the yoke is mounted.

* Orest

Last edited:

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested, this is what was done to remove the yoke:

1) Pry up and remove Piper emblem
2) Using a handheld reciprocating saw, cut the retaining pin in half.
3) Backout lower half of pin through the manufactured pin opening.
4) Drill out a hole in the top of the yoke body overlying the pin location internally
5) Knock upper half of cut pin into the yoke body, and remove
6) Stem/yoke had some locktite type material, so needed a bit of to & fro to loosen and remove

This preserves the cosmetics, and should preserve the structural strength of the yoke control wheel. It does not "preserve" any certification, as the yoke control wheel was not designed for removal.

* Orest

Last edited: