• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FS: Fluorosilicone Fuel Cap O-rings $12-$14 Each

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am offering highly durable fluorosilicone o-ring kits for your various fuel caps. Please PM me or respond to this thread with your interest to include type and quantity. I will PM you for shipping and to provide you with payment information.

These fluorosilicone o-rings offer superior durability to help your fuel caps keep the fuel in and to keep water out compared to your less superior rubber nitrate o-rings, which have to be replaced frequently. I will be offering kits for Shaw 531/431 caps, Shaw 416 caps, and Gabb caps. Prices and contents are below. These prices also include shipping. CSOBeech has a great writeup on these o-rings at http://www.csobeech.com/fuel-caps.html. Installation is pretty straight forward but there is additional guidance on CSOBeech.

I installed all new fluorosilicone o-rings on my four fuel tanks on my M35 Bonanza. They were absolutely needed. Not only were the old rubber nitrate breaking down on the big o-rings, the little ones were in poor shape too. The kit includes both the outer and the often overlooked inner plunger ring. If either are not working correctly, they can let water into your fuel tanks. Each kit also includes the correct cotter pins for the castle nut on the bottom of your fuel caps.

- Shaw 431/531 fuel cap kit - $12.00 each
o M25988/1-338 – big o-ring
o M25988/1-010 – small o-ring
o MS24665-298 – cotter pin

- Shaw 416/516 fuel cap kit - $12.00 each
o M25988/1-232 – big o-ring
o M25988/3-010 – small o-ring
o MS24665-132 – cotter pin

- Gabb fuel cap kit - $14.00 each
o M25988/1-339 – big o-ring
o M25988/1-110 – small o-ring
o MS24665-298 – cotter pin
OringComp.jpg
IMG_6787 1.jpg
IMG_6796 1.jpg
Gabb Kit.jpg

I can take payment via PayPal, Popmoney, Square, or you can mail me a check. PM me for my mailing address for a check. PayPal handle is gallagher.394 at gmail.com and Popmoney is 419 357 0043.

Latest posts

Back