• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Front Wheel Shimmy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stran

Reaction score
I have a front wheel shimmy that has slowly progressively been getting worse over the years. I've replaced the shimmy dampener and it helped some. The mechanic finally discovered the root cause of the issue - the hole where this mounting bolt goes through is enlarged which leads to excessive free play in the steering mechanism. I need to replace the part.

IMG_0992.JPG

This is the side view from the right. The red circle shows where the hole is enlarged. It's the T-bar that needs to be replaced.

IMG_0988.JPG

This is the view from the top. You can see the front wheel peeking out. The bottom of the picture corresponds to the front of the aircraft. Does anyone know what this part is called?

Latest posts

Back