• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Front seatback stop screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotPete

Reaction score
I have a '77 Piper Lance that uses ~1/4" machine screws (hex-head) to adjust the angle of the front seat backs (one on each side). The screws thread up into a boss in the seatback and their heads rest on a metal boss when the seatbacks are fully back (ie. someone sitting in them).

One bolt had its head broken off, so I went to remove the other one to see what it looked like, and its head twisted off with very little torque applied.

I looked in the Parts and Service manuals to identify this part, and couldn't find it. It must be considered part of the seat assy.

Anyone know what these screws are? Are they regular hexhead machine screws, or are they special in some way (sheer bolt)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back