• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Front floor mats (carpet)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All the talk about Airtex interior stuff made me start thinking about how the ugliest bit of my interior is about to be the "floor mats"--the carpet in the foot wells under the rudder pedals. (My primary copilot agrees that they could use some help. :rolleyes: )

Seems like top three suppliers I should consider are Airtex, SCS Interiors, and Plane Plastics.

Of those 3, only SCS lists the floor mats as a separate set. Any reason I shouldn't go with them? (Webpage here: http://www.scs-interiors.com/aerospace/piper/cherokee-pa-28/piper-cherokee-pa-28-crew-floor-mat.html)

They also offer the option of a vinyl heel pad, which my current carpet has and I like. Not sure if the others offer the same option.

Finally, they offer "binding", which I assume is a finished edge. My current carpet does not have this, and it's frayed a little on the edges, so I'm leaning toward getting the binding option.

The thing I worry about though is fit. Seems like it's common to have to trim the carpet a little bit for a perfect fit, but it defeats the purpose if you have to cut off the edging.

Anyone else bought SCS carpets? Did you get the "binding" for the footwell pieces? How did they fit in your plane? (And what kind of plane? Mine's a '73 PA28-180.)

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back