• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Free windows for PA32-260

rrc1962

Reaction score
We replaced all the windows at annual. The windshields and front sides are 1/4". I'd classify them as serviceable. We changed the windshield for the one piece and everything else because we wanted tinted windows.

Free to anyone who wants to come get them. If I don't get any interest, they will go on the dumpster.

arkvet

Reaction score
Do they fit on an early Saratoga ? My front windscreens are really old and they are on my list as something that could use replacing in the next year or two. Are the ones you have in pretty decent shape? I may be interested.

arkvet

Reaction score
Maybe we can swap pics of the windscreens and see if what you have would be a significant improvement. If not I may just replace like you've done.

TEG916

Reaction score
If nobody takes them, keep in mind that windshields make great plastic scrapers. If you have any projects that require scraping sealant, or glue, and you want to avoid damaging any aluminum, then keep a piece of window to cut and sharpen into a scraper.

rrc1962

Reaction score
Maybe we can swap pics of the windscreens and see if what you have would be a significant improvement. If not I may just replace like you've done.
I'll take some pics today. They aren't new, but I wouldn't have swapped them out if we weren't going to one piece windshield.

rrc1962

Reaction score
If nobody takes them, keep in mind that windshields make great plastic scrapers. If you have any projects that require scraping sealant, or glue, and you want to avoid damaging any aluminum, then keep a piece of window to cut and sharpen into a scraper.
I'm keeping all of the 1/8" rear windows for just that reason.

rrc1962

Reaction score
Here's some photos. If they are better than what you have, you're welcome to them.

2015-09-13 19.12.36.jpg

2015-09-13 19.09.44.jpg

2015-09-13 19.07.14.jpg

2015-09-13 19.03.28.jpg

arkvet

Reaction score
Sent you a PM yesterday.
Never got a PM.
that would be because it was sent to me by mistake ;) lol

N34DL might want to send it to rrc1962:D

The windows do look to be in great shape. I've put a lot of thought into it and I'll probably pass on them though. They aren't terribly expensive and when I do the change I think I might lean towards some tint as well. Also my glare shield could use a little sprucing up as well...

N34DL seems like he could use them though:)