• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Free Lunch Friday Jekyl Island GA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebRuss

Reaction score
I'm planning to fly up tomorrow for lunch - anyone else want to go?

Russ

CALL TO ACTION - SHOW THE FAA THAT JEKYLL ISLAND IS IMPORTANT TO THE PILOT COMMUNITY

Jekyll Island is a special place in and of itself but even more so when you consider that it's the ONLY park in Georgia with a public airstrip. Unfortunately the airport is under threat of losing FAA funding because of a misrepresentation of the usage of the airport. RAF supporter Richard Van Iderstyne learned of this only today and has working to correct the FAA's understanding. Rich needs our help to demonstrate that this airport is a valued asset to the pilot community. The ask is to have as many pilots as possible fly in to 09J this Friday.

For those of you that don't know Rich, he runs the FBO "Red Bug Motors" on the island as well as a pizzeria by the same name. Rich will have a representative from the FAA on site to observe first hand the volume of arrivals. He's offering free lunch to all pilots who will fly into 09J this Friday.

I know this is last minute and in the middle of the workday, but if you can figure out a way to be there, do it! If this airport loses federal funding its doubtful that the state will pick up the tab. Stated more directly, losing federal funding would be the first step toward seeing this airport closed.

I hope to see you all there!

Eric Davis
RAF - Georgia State Liaison

Latest posts

Back