• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ForeFlight and New Version of Apple IOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made one of the Stratux ADS-B receivers for my IA a few years ago. He sent me an email a week ago saying that it no longer worked with Foreflight. The GPS would not work nor traffic or weather. We did several checks and the Stratux was working fine. The problem was caused by the new IPAD IOS which now has a new setting for ForeFlight called "Local Network" which has to be turned on. Make sure that yours is turned on or you may encounter the same issue if your ADS-B receiver relies on Wi-Fi to connect. To check, go to IPad settings and go to the bottom of the menu and click on ForeFlight. Make sure that the "Local Network" is turned on.

Latest posts

Back