• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For sale: Garmin GNS 430

julius

Reaction score
I am putting out for sale a Garmin GNS 430 which was taken out for upgrade.

The unit has no problems and it comes with connection kit,antennas and paperwork.

I'm asking $4000

If interested please contact

[email protected]

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just trade it in?

What did you install in its place?

* Orest

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
hmmmm, another seemingly too good to be true deal from a first time post person. Even escrow wont save a person on this one. I'm out.

Chavycha

CGLUMPS or bust!!!
Reaction score
Who knows whether the poster is credible, but for a non-WAAS 430, this isn't exactly a "too good to be true" deal. Have seen several sell in the $4000-4500 range in the past couple months.

mobilepolice

Reaction score
$4000 for a non-waas unit, then $3000 to upgrade it to waas. might as well spend the extra and get something newer without any history to it for just about $2000 more.

if you've already got waas I suppose having two waas units is unnecessary unless you do hard-ifr work

Reaction score
3000 is history. Garmin wants 3600 for waas upgrade. Then the install cost. You can get IFD around that cost installed too.

julius

Reaction score
I did not upgrade the unit and that is why I decided to sell at the rate I am doing so if you are interested please contact me via email for pictures and more details.

julius

Reaction score
hmmmm, another seemingly too good to be true deal from a first time post person. Even escrow wont save a person on this one. I'm out.
You should learn not to jump into conclusion next time when posting your opinion. Ask questions to ease your curiosity.
The unit needs to upgraded and looking at the cost of upgrade I decided to put it out for sale.

Reaction score
Julius. No one is jumping on conclusions but just being cautious here. We already had few such postings in past and given the nature of fraud going on with these units, it's common for anyone to suspect.

I would assume a serious genuine seller will be open to post pictures and all details including serial numbers and even better if he agrees to have a transaction through escrow at buyers cost. Unless you are just testing waters while using the unit to see how much you can sell it for its a different story.

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
Thanks sanjiv. My point exactly. I wont apologize for my statement unless someone who has a lengthy history of posting on here can confirm that it is not a scam. At that time I would offer my sincere regrets. There are just a plethora of scammers on every site on the web and it is increasingly harder to conduct business without being somewhat cynical.