• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flying with Rear Seats Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a 76 Arrow II and we are planning to going to Oshkosh this year and we would like to remove the rear seats for extra cargo room. After speaking with my Mx, he says that I have to have another W&B done with the rear seats removed. The seats weigh 16 lbs each and when removed, puts the CG out. We would be adding rear weight to compensate for the removed seat weight but he says it is technically not legal. I do not want to have anything questionable going to an event like Oshkosh so we are planning on leaving the seats in.

Is my Mx correct?

Latest posts

Back