• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flying to reno in a Arrow II?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwamt

Reaction score
Well I am acquiring an Arrow II this Sunday :D.... anyway I have never seen the Reno air races before and though about flying my new arrow out there next month, if I can fine a friend to come with and split fuel.

My route I have planned would take me through southern Wyoming to salt lake city area.( KGUR - MBW V6 FBR - KBTF) then on to Reno (KBTF - BVL V32 BAM V6 WADDS - KRNO. Has anyone done this before? Looking at the charts there is only 1 peak that I am slightly concerned about that I would fly over at elev of 10,400ft The poh said the arrow can go up to 15k, is 13-15k doable in this airplane say 200lbs below gross weight?

I am picking the arrow up on Sunday and thought about see if it will go up to 15k with me and a friend.

thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back