• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flying Children

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosewood

Reaction score
I have a granddaughter who is now 2-1/4 years old. She knows I fly PZT and has sat in the cockpit on the tarmac. I'm sure she would love to fly in the plane and it would be much more convenient to bring her here for the weekend than a 4-hour drive each way. I have a child's headset and she can (almost) hold a conversation. I would, of course, put her in her car seat, probably in the rear seat of the plane.

So, what do all you grandfathers out there think? What's the earliest age to fly her responsibly? What are some of the issues? I haven't broached the subject with her mother yet - any advice on how to do that?

Helpful suggestions?

Latest posts

Back