• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flight Sounds X Solo Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased one of these (SOLO Aviation Headset USB Adapter). I don't really use Flight Sims so that wasn't my use case but I do sit on zoom almost all the time. I got tired of the crappy PC headsets and wanted to take advantage of my aviation headset since it has way better noise cancelling. I work remotely 100% of the time so it seemed like a good investment (esp with a second kid on the way).

My requirements were simple:

• Must be able to connect my aviation headset (both audio and microphone)
  • Must be powered by the USB port (no batteries)

So far it has been almost perfect. I have a David Clark stereo headset and I have only found one issue. Sometimes a particular USB port will only give me mono or no audio. Oddly if I switch ports it works just fine so I suspect there is some collision occurring on the bus or a bug in their driver but I haven't been able to track it down. Its a non issue as I have 4 USB C ports and on my other machine a dozen USB A/B ports and on each machine only one port doesn't work properly. On my mac one port doesn't do any audio. On my PC one port does mono only. All other ports work fine.

I am very satisfied with the quality of the build. I know I could have prototyped my own board to do this but it was "cheaper" for me to just buy this off the shelf.

Latest posts

Back