• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flap Motor Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ2DMD

Reaction score
Picked up my plane from the A&P after addressing the squawk list and flew it home this morning. Full flaps on landing as usual. As I was taxiing to the hangar I moved the flap lever up but nothing happened. I looked over and noticed the CB popped, so I pushed it in and tried the flaps again. This time I smelled a tiny bit of smoke so I put the lever back down and parked it. Is this what happens when the flap motors fails? Or is something else amiss? I'm having some serious luck with this plane....

Latest posts

Back