• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fixed trim tabs - pa32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9medic

Reaction score
I figured I would throw this out for the group -

When I bought my Cherokee 6, it had a fixed trim tab on the left aileron as well as a trim tab on the rudder. The one attached to the the rudder was poorly attached and caused a flutter so my mechanic removed it. Also attached to the left aileron is the STC aerotrim system which was first installed in 1991.

This had me thinking that the rigging might be wrong so we went back and put a rigging tool on. The ailerons were a little off so we made the corrections IAW the MX manual. Once that was done, the plane still had a right wing heavy indication so we put some turns on the left flap and that settled it out.

It had an accident in 1969 and just refers to a 337. It had the left wing replaced in 2013 due to some corrosion so I figured something might be messed up from that but the logs show that everything was transferred to it from the previous wing to include the fixed trim tab.

The rudder trim wheel is pretty much bottomed out.

Trying to figure out why the fixed trim tab is still there. When full fuel, it is still a little right wing heavy.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back