• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

First time Transcontinental: Georgia to Las Vegas, leaning mixture for takeoff & Qs Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any experience in helping me plan a safe flight across the mountains in a Seneca II would be appreciated.

Thinking about an October or November trip.

Concerns are leaning mixture in density altitude takeoffs, winds, safe altitudes (I can see the charts), best time of year generally for the trip. Familiarity with any mountain passes or traditional routes sought as well.

Ideas for particularly scenic routes are encouraged.
Ideas on good airports to stop along the way. We will need to eat once or twice. : )

I will probably cross post this to get more exposure, thank you for your patience.

Latest posts

Back