• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Finally installing a GPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guzziguy

Reaction score
All:
I bought my Arrow I about 4 or 5 years ago. I have been steadily working on bringing it back up to speed. As I'm sure a lot of you have experienced, all my 'wants' were consistently pushed down the list by 'gottado's' that were 'missed' on the pre-buy. The only exception to this was me installing an Airtex interior last year; that one was for me and my poor rear-end sitting on 42 year old seats.

But finally, FINALLY, the mechanical condition of the plane is in a near top notch state and I can finally complete the upgrade to the panel. I'd already installed a new intercom (replacing TOGGLE SWITCHES!) and the ADSB in/out (required by regulation). But finally now, I am now able to install an IFR GPS and FINALLY get started on my IR ticket. After I complete this particular upgrade I will feel MOSTLY done with the upgrades and repairs (barring the normal work we all do through the year).

I'd say the only thing REALLY left after finally giving this panel the upgrade it needed would be a new paint job (I have some nifty ideas for that) and working on the left-turning tendency I've discussed elsewhere.

This isn't a rant, this isn't a brag. I am just sharing with guys who I am positive will completely sympathize!
Happy flying

Latest posts

Back