• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Finally got me issues resolved!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rykymus

Reaction score
Some of you may recall the challenges the FAA and my previous FBO had put in my way along the course of buying a plane and getting my PPL. Well, I'm happy to announce that I passed my checkride on October 9th and got my temporary ticket! Left for vacation a week later and left the plane with a (new to me) FBO at my home base (which is not the same base that I trained from).

I'm very happy with the work done by my new FBO. They are professional, cost conscious, clean, and very communicative about every step of the process. It's great to finally have a local mechanic that I can trust to take care of my plane.

I've decided to put off instrument training until next year, wanting to get more cross-country experience and to learn more about the mechanics of my plane so that I can be a better aircraft owner/operator.

Thank you to everyone for your help along the way. Now I'm off to give my 83 yr old mother her first small plane ride!

Latest posts

Back