• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Female socket Winchester Electronics hood

dsc45shooter

Reaction score
Looking for a female socket hood connector screw. I lost one from my glideslope connector cable. It looks like the one in the photo.

C6E12B6D-0F85-4945-85C8-129524898301.jpg

Tweety

Reaction score
Here's the Winchester website. If you send them a picture they may be able to provide the part number. Some of the larger electronics catalog places like Newark or Digi-Key handle Winchester connectors in their product line.

https://www.winconn.com/connector/multi-pin-connectors/combination-d-sub-series/

The alternative would be to contact the avionics manufacturer provided they still support that equipment.

Tweety

Reaction score
Not sure what is missing, but you might be able to use a regular connector screw of the type used on DB type connectors for the missing part:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/3341-13BULK/MDVS13-ND/666185

These screws are commonly used to secure two DB connectors together or to secure a DB connector to a panel.

Just look at the screw threads and lengths of the one you have and match it up with the specs on this one. You might be able to find gold-plated ones but I don't see the advantage of that. The regular ones are nickle-plated.

dsc45shooter

Reaction score
The part i need is pictured. The female socket on the table next to connector. Im sure there are places i can order from but looking to see if a forum member has an extra

BentWing

Reaction score
replace the pin. Pins and a pin tool will be quicker, easier