• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fall colours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
I haven't been able to fly for the last couple of months because of travel (including twice over to Europe) and other work/family stuff getting in the way. When I finally did get to the airport, I found the flat strut I reported in another thread.

Anyway, today all was well, my consulting customers didn't have any fires to put out, and I actually got to log an hour flying low over West Quebec and looking at the beautiful fall colours in the Gatineau Hills (part of the Canadian Shield). I didn't take a picture, because it seems pointless -- a picture wouldn't capture the way the light was constantly changing and interacting with the colours, the way the sparkles danced across the water, the way trees seemed to be moving in and out of cloud shadows, the way the reds seemed impossibly red, etc.

You can't see the colours that way from the ground, and you can't reproduce them in film or video. We're very lucky people to be able to look at the world this way.

Latest posts

Back