• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Exhuast repair ... so much for flying this summer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easyski

Reaction score
This is sort of a vent and call for any info regarding exhaust components for a 1999 saratoga II TC (TIO-540-AH1A engine).

Plane went in for annual June 1 - they found a small hole in a weld of i believe cylinder 4 section of the exhaust. My A+P sent to the well known repair shop in Loomis Cali after being told a 2-3 week turn around time. At 2 weeks we started calling almost daily with very little information and finally at 3 weeks they said it was still sitting on the shelf waiting to be evaluated - they hadn't even touched it. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Currently at week 4 after almost daily phone calls and they tell us yesterday that it's another 2-3 weeks. I am losing my mind. I know the saying regarding needing to be somewhere in GA - fly commercial.

I have called a bunch of places as well as my A+P to see if we can source components without any luck - was hoping some of you knowledgeable people here might know where to look or if someone had one laying around i'd be willing to pay top dollar!!

Latest posts

Back