• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Exhaust Smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I regularly smell exhaust in the cabin just after rotation. It only lasts a couple of seconds. I also will see about 10PPM on my CO detector which goes away within 15 seconds. The only other time I've experienced this in flight was once when I was doing extended slow flight and stalls, which was probably just me flying back through my own exhaust.

It seems to me that this is probably just some exhaust coming in through the cabin vent for a moment on rotation. Is that a reasonable theory or should I be concerned?

Latest posts

Back