• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Engine stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetjockey172

Reaction score
I own a 1979 turbo arrow and I have encountered a puzzling issue. The aircraft has approx 700hrs on a remanufactured engine. 2 years ago I had an issue during an approach for landing that the engine lost power and almost stopped. I activated my the fuel pump and it came back to life. AME checked it over and could not find any issues. A few months later it of occurred again and my AME opted to send the fuel pump out to be rebuilt. Issue continues again I lost power during a take off roll and shortly after engine stopped again. I did a run up and engine seemed fine. AME checked things out and could not find any issues. During a cold start and idling at 1000rpm we noticed the engine would suddenly lose power and stop on its own. Fuel pump is working fine....any one have any suggestions or ever experienced something similar. Cheers,

Latest posts

Back