• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

electric trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyd8885

'79 PA32RT-300T
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to solve an electric trim issue with my Lance. The trim down function (push with thumb) works fine. The trim up function is mostly not there. When it does work, it is about half speed compared with the trim down. Sometimes it will work when I start with trim down then change quickly to trim up. Note that the Altimatic IIIC (with alt hold) moves the trim up and down as it does its work. Also, the A/P off function works fine and I also have a separate red button for A/P off as well.

The trim was intermittent 1.5 years ago, and when I had the Altimatic IIIC worked on, the guy said there was a loose wire in the switch and he resoldered it and got it working again. The trim up mostly died a few months ago, so I was thinking it was the switch again. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram of the 3? microswitches involved? I'd like to try things out a bit before paying several hundred dollars for a different (used) switch.

Latest posts

Back