• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

EI CGR-30p - configured for Cherokee 235 w/CS prop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale in Arizona:

I purchased this EI CGR-30p as a demo from a well known avionics dealer, and it was reconfigured for my last plane (1965 Cherokee 235 with CS prop). I ended up selling the plane before installing the unit. Whoops.

Per a local EI expert who shall remain nameless, the EI STC is open on their website, and the instrument is legal to install as primary replacement for any plane which had the same limits and specs/ redlines as did my 235. That means if you have the same vintage and configuration of 235, here’s a great deal on an engine monitor / primary gauge replacement.

In addition to 6-cylinder EGT / CHT functions and fuel flow / pressure, this unit is configured for the following primary gauge functions:

Manifold Pressure
Tach / RPM
Oil Pressure (additional probe needed)
Oil Temperature
Fuel pressure (additional probe needed)
Carburetor Temperature (additional probe needed)
Voltage
Current (Shunt included)

It is also configured to compute %HP and log engine time (user settable). The additional probes needed are purchased separately, as they would be with any new EI.

This ships with used prones for EGT / CHT and oil temp, a new fuel cube for low-wing aircraft, and necessary plugs/ modules (save the additional probes for non-standard functions). It also comes with new install schematics and instructions from EI, a part of their reconfigure service.

Best street price I can find on a 6-cylinder CGR-30p is $4,116, less the current $400 rebate for a total of $3,716. Plus, you’ll wait a bit for EI to configure your unit and ship.

$3,000 shipped in the US, payment via PayPal friends or postal MO.

434EFD97-C3C6-4143-AA9C-BE15672AC5ED.jpeg
E7B920A2-AA3D-4F09-B0A5-F0CDBCF4E751.jpeg
40312BBF-5834-4213-8808-456514A0EF53.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back