• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dummy or Creep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlinspop

Reaction score
So last night I watched a late game and got carried away reading Forums such that it was after midnight by the time I got ready to turn in. About 12:30am, I took my lab, Bingo out for a last pee break, and there was a drone hovering over my yard!! It turned toward me, so I’m sure the person controlling was aware I saw it. I went back inside and turned off all the lights and went out the front door. It was still out there but in front of the neighbors’ house. My house was the only one still lit up at that time of night, so maybe that’s what attracted him to my place. Being dark, I couldn’t make out what model it was, but it was very quiet. Had Bingo not stared up at it, I might not have seen it. Estimate 30-50’ and definitely within the perimeter of my property.

My neighbor said that she saw a drone the other day flying around her house while she was putting out mulch. She didn’t think anything of it as it was during the day and she was just doing yard work. She’s home alone during the day and often uses their pool alone.

There are teenage girls in the neighborhood and if there’s a creep trying to look in windows or watch people at their pools or whatever, that’s not a good thing.

I called the sheriff’s office to let them know and to have a report on record. I did not file a formal complaint, but will if I see it out at night again.

I have a drone, properly registered and labeled, and I am very conscious of not overflying, especially low, my neighbors’ homes. If anyone is outside, I leave the area altogether. There’s a large common area behind my house and I’m content flying around back there.

Bruce

Last edited:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back