• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dual Electronics XGPS170

dgshaffer

Reaction score
Dual Electronics XGPS170 http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps170/
I purchased this new in June 2016 for $450. I've switched back to Foreflight and Foreflight will not recognize the ADS-B in signal so I had to pick up a Stratus.
I'm listing it here before I put it out elsewhere. This is a fair price so please, if you want it cheaper, keep looking

1102160720.jpg

dgshaffer

Reaction score
I tried the FlyQ EFB. This was the only GPS and ADS-B receiver that worked with it.

dgshaffer

Reaction score
Garmin only works with Garmin and Froeflight only works with Stratus. This unit communicates with all the rest

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Garmin only works with Garmin and Froeflight only works with Stratus. This unit communicates with all the rest
Foreflight now works with the GDL-39 now, but I don't think Garmin Pilot will work with the Stratus.

Mark

dgshaffer

Reaction score
Which EFB apps does the XGPS170 work with?
iFlyGPS from AdventurePilot
Avare from Apps for Aviatiors
eKneeBoard from AnywhereEducation
FlyQ from AOPA
myWingMan from Bendix King
WingX Pro7
AviationMaps
Naviator on Android
Jeppesen
GlobalNavsource