• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

DPE stopped ride with "incorrect MP gauge"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was taking my Commercial checkride, just needed to do the short field landing when the DPE asked why the MP gauge goes up to 70" on our 1964 PA-23-250 (not turbo).
He wants something from an A&P saying that's the right gauge. Looking on the internet and even at another older Aztec I see they also have the MP gauge that goes to 70", but that's far from legal proof.

The gauge we have is Rapco 31899-12.
The IPC calls 19679-03 which is now 19679-003 and then 450-736.

My guess is that 31899-12 was perhaps the original gauge or at one time a substitute Piper offered since I see others with this.

But I need something more definitive for the DPE to go around the pattern for 5 minutes and literally do one last landing. Can anyone point me to something that says Rapco 31899-12 was a substitute?

-Robert

Latest posts

Back