• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Door Steward

Sanger 69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Door Steward for sale including all the hardware and STC. I opened the package, but that is as far as I went. I bought it new a couple months ago and have decided not to use it. $200 which would include shipping within the U.S.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? It is one of the most nifty things I've added. Curious, why you don't want to install it??

It is an easy install. I really can't think of any downside.

* Orest

Last edited:

Sanger 69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shop turned up a new old stock standard door holder, so in the interest of a quick installation I went with the old style.

Lon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to install one, but the design of my interior made it way too difficult. They were very nice about returning it.

Attachments

Walboy

Reaction score
Never heard of these....interesting.

N47438

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent addition, not only for the passenger door but also on the cargo door.

PlaneJerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originals usually are very easy to fix. The spring in it usually breaks. Cost for a new spring is about $10 and less than a half hour to remove broken spring and replace it

Sanger 69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite a stir about the Door Steward! Maybe I should reconsider. I tried to repair the old door holder with a new spring. Turns out the door holder was shorter than normal, the door wouldn’t fully open because it was the wrong part. The spring for the repair was also too long. I still have it. Does anybody need one?

Latest posts