• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Door closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwing96

Reaction score
While coming home on a X-country yesterday I caught something out of the corner of my eye, like something fell off of the co-piot seat but there was a noise associated with it. I keep a spiral bound steno pad under the flap handle that I use for writing squawk codes and frwquencies on and when I'm flying X-country I lay it in the co-pilot's seat if unoccupied. Anyway I was on flight following and being handed off so when I grabbed the pad to jot down the new freq. a well worn page separated from the spiral wire and was left on the seat aloung with a clip board containing some airport diagrams and such. I have yet to find that piece of paper, I'm certai that it must have been sucked out and that is what I heard and caught out of the corner of my eye. I thought the door sealed off all but at the top rear. I knew I could see a small gap up there but didn't know there was one at the bottom too.

Latest posts

Back