• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Does anyone Repair old Whelen Power Supply's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razz2o4

Reaction score
I have a Whelen Power supply that I am having issues with. We have done some trouble shooting with it, but have not found any fixes.
When I turn on my strobes with everything connected, I only get one flash out of the system then it hangs up, like it does not have sufficient power to get it to kick off again. My IA disconnected one of the plugs (tail beacon) and the wing tips flashed as they were supposed to. So we swapped, unplugged wingtips, and plugged in the tail beacon, and it flashed as it was supposed to.
I pulled the power supply out and sent it to Whelen, but they told me it was out of date.
I am hoping to find someone that is able to repair these if its possible. Whelen wont touch them after 10 years of age.
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back