• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Directional gyro for sale

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just removed functioning Mitchell Directional Gyro PN 52D254, 4000C-5 from my 85 Archer. For sale for $450 OBO plus shipping. Yellow tag prices online is $850. PM me if interested.

dg2.jpg

Last edited:

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is original 1985 and the airplane has 2650 hrs tt. I think it may be overhauled once because it has a midland shop sticker on it. It worked perfectly before removing and has a heading bug for AP.