• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Damaged Wing Spar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaters28

KHND 1968 PA28-235, The Mistress
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a local shop damaged my main wing spar during a doubler installation. Drill cut into the side of main spar.

I can’t seem to get Piper nor the local DER to respond on a required repair. The assumption is that the spar needs to be replaced, but I need something official for the repair to move forward.

I need to get a professional engineer or mfg to specify what repair is needed, so my insurance company can approve repair.

I’ve also contacted a FAA repair station and am waiting on them to see if they can get any response from DER or Piper.

Any advice on getting assistance in determining what repair is required?

BTW, FSDO is fully involved as well.

Latest posts

Back